Full Body Fun with EC Athlete Cody
We all love a good full body routine, and this one performed by EC Athlete Cody will leave you dripping in sweat!
Try performing 3-4 sets of 15 reps for each of this exercise!
If you try it make sure to tag @ecsportsusa on IG for a chance to win some cool merch!
Cuban Press with Curl
- Standing with a tight core and flat back, hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides.
- Keeping the dumbbells in a horizontal position, pull them up upwards, leading with your elbows.
- When your upper arms are parallel with the floor, pause, then flip the dumbbells up. The dumbbells will be above your shoulders next to your head.
- Press the dumbbells straight up in to the air.
- Pause and return to the starting position.
- Stand in front of the box with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend into a quarter squat and swing your arms back, then swing them forward and explode up off the ground.
- Land on the box as softly as possible. You’re aiming to mimic your take-off position on landing – feet flat and knees slightly bent (don’t let them collapse inwards).
- Step down slowly one leg at a time (This will work the glutes even more and safeguard your joints)
Tip: If you land in a deep squat rather than a quarter squat, it’s a sign that you’ve picked too high a box.
- Stand with your feet hip to shoulder-width apart, holding a pair of dumbbells at arm’s length by your sides.
- Keeping your back flat and core braced, push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause, then push yourself back up to the starting position.
Tip: Focus on sitting your hips back and keeping your chest up.
- Using an overhand grip, grab a dumbbell in one hand and stand with the feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Descend your hips to the floor until your knees are bent at 90-degrees and the dumbbell is resting on the floor.
- Quickly pull the dumbbell toward the ceiling while simultaneously extending your knees and hips and raising your body on the balls of your feet. (Keep the dumbbell close to your body.)
- As the dumbbell reaches its highest point, quickly rotate your elbow under the weight and extend your arm. The dumbbell will rest over the top of your shoulder with the palm facing away from your body.
Push Up with Tuck Jump
- Place your hands on the floor, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Jump toward your chest, as feet should land just inside your hands on the ground.
- Jump back out, bringing feet together, and then do your push-up.
- Grab a dumbbell and hold it in the middle with one hand in front of the other.
- Set your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Without rounding your lower back, bend your knees slightly, push your hips back, and swing the weight between your legs.
- Allow the weight to swing back between your legs, and repeat.
- Hold the dumbbells so that your thumbs point in toward one another and your palms face your body.
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart, your knees should be slightly bent.
- Slowly bend forward at your waist so that your chest is leaning forward over your feet.
- Begin with your arms fully extended, enabling the dumbbells to naturally hang down at about mid-shin level.
- Next, lift or “row” the dumbbells up to the top and close to your stomach. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection