We're all in search of the greatest, most effective ab exercises.
If you've arrived at this article, your search is over.
Hanging leg raises are quite the ab burner.
How to do them:
- Grasp a pull-up bar with your hands shoulder-width apart, using an overhand (pronated) grip.
- Engage your abdominal muscles and while keeping your torso stable, slowly raise your legs, keeping them straight and driving through your glutes, until they’re at 90° with your torso.
- Slowly lower and return to the start position.
If you're not quite at that level yet, hanging knee raises are a perfect ab exercise that will help you get there.
You perform these the same way as hanging leg raises, except your knees will be at a 90° angle, instead of keeping your legs straight.
However, for our overachievers, hanging V-sits will DEMOLISH your abs.
In the event that you start finding the regular hanging leg raise too easy, there’s nothing stopping you from taking your legs higher for greater abs-building benefits.
Keeping your legs straight, raise them to the bar you’re hanging from, then slowly lower them.
Here are five tips to help you conquer one of the greatest ab exercises of all time:
- FORTIFY YOUR GRIP
- LOCK DOWN YOUR SHOULDERS
- KEEP YOUR RIBS DOWN
- PULL DOWN ON THE BAR
- BREATHE THROUGH YOUR BELLY
- HARDER: ONE-ARM BENT-KNEE HANGING LEG RAISE
- HARDEST: ONE-ARM STRAIGHT-LEG HANGING LEG RAISE